The employer is a Mass-media company.
- Manage the platform development to deliver new functionalities according to the underlying business objectives
- Attract and retain top engineering talent
- Provide technical/software development leadership and architectural guidance.
- Manage internal development resources and third-party vendors through the product lifecycle from design to development, testing, release, and support
- Rebuild existing integrated systems with distributed micro-service systems
- Work closely with Product Managers and Technical Teams to understand the needs of the business and deliver world-class products to a passionate user base.
- Work in a fast-paced AGILE environment. This should be second nature (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) with evolutionary architecture and prototyping, experience with various databases and configuration/deployment/testing solutions.
- Perform hands-on participation in team coding, developing interfaces for web applications, services, and future technology.
- Review the developers' code, provide feedback and develop team knowledge.
- Collaborate with technical and business resources, gathering and documenting requirements and formulating action plans.
- Present designs and plans to executive management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- The ideal candidate possesses the highest level of experience in leadership, application development, software engineering, and application architecture.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a hands-on engineer solving hard scaling problems horizontally
- 3 years leading and building a team of engineers
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and working in a team-oriented environment
- Good understanding of data caching strategies and working knowledge of CDNs (Akamai, CloudFront, Fastly)
- Experience mentoring developers
- Experience developing and using web-based APIs
- Experience with open source solutions, using and deploying on cloud-based platforms
- Experience with .Net Framework, .Net Core
- Experience with ORM frameworks (Entity/Dapper)
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and Node.js
- Deep understanding of current web technologies and trends, including Linux, RESTful APIs, Relational & NoSQL Datastores(MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB), among others.
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development processes
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an
- Ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
- Must successfully pass a background check
You might also have-
- A passion for sports, sports recruiting and building communities
- Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with Git/GitHub, BitBucket or similar version control systems
- Experience in building very high traffic web assets
- Any experience using Scala, Jenkins, Selenium, Python, Windows Containers
Associated topics: .net, back end, c#, developer, perl, php, sde, software development engineer, software engineer, sw