Program Manager - Energy & Utilities
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Cognizant Digital Business-MLEU (Manufacturing, Lifesciences, and Energy & Utilities)
Industry is growing rapidly providing to top clients in the market massive opportunities to help them take their products to new levels of personalization and efficiency. LS is also is quickly evolving and we are integrating solutions to overcome the industry challenges of today by redefining the way to do digital. It is the biggest opportunity of the age, and Cognizant is here to help our clients make their transitions effectively.
As a Technical Project Manager,
you will be responsible for:
- Creating a higher level vision, goals and objectives for the capital projects
- Developing detailed work plan & schedules for design, development and testing for the solution development using standard project management methodology
- Effectively coordinate among different partners (customer, product vendor) to ensure achieving goals of program
- Identify the training and skill requirements and arrange training and/or hire the team members
- Allocate the resources as per the skill requirements across different project phases of project lifecycle
- Monitoring and reporting project status on a regular basis to all stakeholders
- Allocate activities and tasks to onsite-offshore team members
- Managing scope, quality, cost and schedule and compliance to regulation in the solution
- Manage the stakeholders and ensure timely decision to meet the project schedule
- Co-ordinate and managing scope change requests
- Ensure document control
- Resolve issues, disputes and ad hoc requests
- Monitor and review all deliverables
- Ensure overall quality and success of the project vis-a-vis defined objectives
- Managing risks (internal and external) and timely escalation as per escalation matrix
High Level List of Responsibilities:
- Program Management Overall tracking of project including onsite and offshore
- Program management involving multiple vendors.
- Agile experience;
- Understanding of Outage Management System integrations in utilities space.
- PM will report to OMS Product Owner in the Electric Outage and Restoration Management Product Tower
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
- Interface with Vendor's PM on all aspects of project management
- Develop & Maintain the Project Plan (Agile development, waterfall implementation)
- All Schedule/Reporting/Communications functions
- Plan and Run Project Meetings
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports
- Manage projects in accordance with Company processes
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, with zero high production defects and with high client satisfaction
- Project estimates/monthly project budget forecasting and variance analysis
- Risks and Issues Management
- Product and Project Quality Assurance requirements, audits and compliance
- Prepare meeting minutes for all key meetings
- Prepare RODs (Record of Decision) for all key decisions
- Manage and Track Risks and Issues
- Prepare required documentation for obtaining Approval Request and Change Committee Approvals. Obtain mentioned approvals
- Prepare Project Change Request(s) - if needed
We offer an amazing compensation package that include a robust target bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.
1Technology SkillsPL1Required2Product SafetyPL1Required3Budgetory ControlPL1Required4ProductViewPL1Required5Product CostingPL1Required
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric Reference
PL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 21 2019
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...