Assistant Project Manager (Project Architect/Project Engineer)
Compensation: $92,040.00 - $130,990.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) has an interest and/or experience in Building Enclosure Systems. This role promotes growth from entry-level to project management.
At minimum, the APM will be required to perform all Essential Functions listed below, and will be expected to perform the Advanced Essential functions as experience allows.
This role is intended as a period of intense learning and training, exposing the APM to the breadth of CANY?s projects and expertise to build the foundation required for career advancement. The APM role will focus on honing technical, field observation, and communication skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gains understanding of the assigned project by reviewing project documents (plans, details, specs, proposals, drawings, etc.), researching relevant code and standards, researching product information (materials, data sheets, etc.), and gaining insight from Project Manager as to the scope of work.?Understand and commit to company?s Quality Standards.
- Assists with project plan by meeting with internal project team to review proposal, construction documents, timelines, and project budget.
- After reviewing project documents and quality control standards, document quality of workmanship and compliance with the project documents and established standards/specifications by traveling to site, scheduling, witnessing, and recording all tests and inspections. Performs visual inspections via scaffolding, roof, etc. within the building or grade, through use of inspection tools (camera, calipers, gauges, etc.). Ensures proper procedures are followed and proper materials are used per construction documents and industry standards.?Visualize and discern quality issues and make recommendations to ensure quality standards are met, minimize total costs, and maximize value to the customer.?Recognize discrepancies and problem field conditions, to prioritize conditions encountered, and to report to the Project Manager in a thorough and well-organized manner.
- Documents work in progress and maintains key communications. Submits field inspection reports with relevant electronic photos of the work in progress and notes of findings. Compiles and verifies quantity and quality of completed work in progress for submission to the?Project Manager. Maintains direct communications with the Project Manager on project progress, with immediate notification of nonconforming and/or hazardous items on-site. Meets as necessary with construction supervisor on project status and advises of corrective work required to ensure conformance to project documents.
- Accompanies Project Manager to project meetings, prepares and distributes meeting minutes based on Project Manager review and approval.
- Accurately documents field conditions based on measurements, sketches, and photographs to effectively communicate the observed construction (existing or new).
- Assists Team by facilitating tasks as directed/delegated by Project Manager, including but not limited to: assisting with any on-site testing and investigation surveys that may be required and construction administrative tasks (submittal logs, RFI logs, allowance tracking sheets, etc.)
- Assists Team with execution of construction documents by working with staff to complete the project or project phase.
- Coordinate project filings with all city and state agencies, expediter, and client.
- Assists the Project Manager with pre-bid walk-through with bidding contractors. Prepare bid RFI responses, required addenda, and bid leveling sheets to review with the PM.
- Monitors internal project costs by tracking time and project duration and notifies team of any concerns (scheduling, percentage of phase complete, budgets, etc.).
- Assists Team to build and maintain the corporate reputation and stability by collaborating positively with customers, government agencies, community organizations, and employees; maintaining reputation for excellent quality of work with a consistently high level of customer service; enforcing ethical and professional business practices; establishing and enforcing good customer service practices; establishing and communicating the corporate value system; keeping information confidential and disclosing only on a need to know basis; and complying with federal, state, and local laws/regulations. Must respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintains historical data by keeping project binders and electronic files organized and complete, maintaining correspondence, and ensuring drawings are filed.
- Contributes to the team effort by undertaking the tasks required to accomplish related results as needed. Contributes to CANY?s effort by continually looking for ways to improve productivity and customer satisfaction by use of better technology, procedures, communications, and use of resources. Monitor your individual cost impact and notify team of any concerns.
- Maintains/improves professional and technical knowledge/skills. Shows initiative by proactively asking questions and seeking guidance, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, etc. Uses periodic performance appraisals and feedback received from peers and management to assess strengths and development needs for both personal and organizational growth.
- Maintains trust, confidence and protects the company by keeping information confidential and disclosing only on a need to know basis. Ensures high ethical standards.
- Complies with company procedures, legal regulations, safety initiatives, etc. by reviewing the Employee Handbook and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adheres to CANY Core Values, Code of Ethics, and professional standards to preserve the reputation and public image of self, client, and CANY in order to avoid conflict of interests, criminal issues, and legal action.
Advanced Essential Functions:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Develops options and makes informed decisions in real-time based upon technical knowledge, skills, and consultation with the Project Manager.
- Prepares investigative and assessment project reports for Project Manager review prior to submission to the client in the standard corporate format by writing clearly, concisely, and accurately. Must provide complete documentation that includes, but is not limited to: photographs, FISP reports, due diligence reports, and sign-offs.
- Executes the production of construction documents by preparing and compiling project specifications and drawings for management review.
- Performs regular and comprehensive project analysis and makes scheduling revisions as necessary. May be designated as official AO monitor for this task.
- Works with project team by giving clear directives, coaching and training when necessary, following up on performance, and recommending action as needed to management. Develops a climate of open communications.
- Performs thorough review of Shop Drawings and technical submittals for final review by Project Manager, and if needed, Professionals.
Loading some great jobs for you...