Full Stack Developer
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who We Are
Food52 is a fast-growing and award-winning kitchen and home brand. Through our unique contextual commerce approach, we give our community of over 13 million cooks and home enthusiasts everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully from curated products to test-kitchen approved recipes.
We're looking for a Full Stack Developer (4+ years experience) who loves to write code in a collaborative team environment. You have a solid foundation with front-end development and have expanded your skills over time. As much as a coder, you are a contributor, supporter and active participant in making our platform better, easier to use, and more innovative, every day. You have an eagerness to experiment, a determination to contribute, and a drive to recognize problems and swiftly remedy them.
Our product and engineering team consists of the product managers, designers, and engineers who build the systems that Food52 uses to produce amazing editorial content and a shopping experience that delights our users. Our team of software engineers work with our VP of Engineering as well as our product team to design and develop systems that run Food52.com. Our website is written in Ruby on Rails; on the client side we use React and are implementing Graph QL to integrate the two more seamlessly.
- Write code to implement new features in our custom content-and-commerce platform while maintaining code integrity
- Refactor code to make it better, stronger, faster and add to our ever expanding automated testing suite
- Help our team improve the quality of our code through thoughtful collaboration, code reviews, and other software engineering best practices
- Take part in designing the architecture of new features and refactoring legacy code
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Deliver on-time and communicate status, issues and concerns effectively throughout the lifecycle of a project
- At least 4+ years experience writing code in a professional environment
- Solid background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load
- Strong familiarity with JS, preferably modern JS frameworks such as Vue and React
- Proficient in modern CSS techniques such as flexbox, BEM, and grid. Should also have experience using a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS
- Experience in mobile first, responsive web design
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a comparable backend framework
- You care about the visual design and experience of the websites you produce
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases as well as AWS offerings
- You know how to handle schedules and priorities and communicate appropriately about them
- Optional but also great are e-commerce experience and a love of food and cooking
- Widespread health, dental, and vision benefit options (including some that are free for you!), flexible spending account, and any-time access to professional mental health advice
- Annual bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Free life and AD&D insurance
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Discounted gym memberships and a free Citibike membership!
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, Leftover Flower Fridays, and more
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, c#, developer, devops, java, perl, python, software developer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...