Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Location: Herndon, VA
Description: Server engineer for a small Microsoft server network consisting of domain controllers, file servers, Domino servers, backup servers, and storage arrays and eventually SANs.
High technical expertise with all aspects of server architectural design, procurement, installation, operations and maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting, decommission, and disposal.
Strong working knowledge of Windows Active Directory.
Administer and facilitate user account creation, maintenance, issue resolution, renewals, and termination.
Administer and facilitate all aspects of data transfer, share drive permissions, folder and files creation, and related security requirements.
Integrate, test, and deploy new hardware, software, patches, etc.
Responsible for performing weekly data backups and occasional restores.
Responsible for performing regular security scans and completing resolution or mitigation of findings.
Responsible for achieving and maintaining system security accreditation.
Applied experience in the installation, configuration, and support of Microsoft Operations systems and associated hardware platforms.
Create, update, and complete server and user trouble tickets.
Security harden servers and laptops.
Consolidate, post, and install monthly security patches for CentOS, Windows 7, 8, 10; Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016.
HP DL380-G9 servers, HP LTO-6 6250 FC tape library, laptops,
Windows Active Directory, MS Office, Netbackup, Domino, Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Microsoft Service Center 2016, ArcServe Backup Storage, SystemTools Software Hyena, Veritas Backup Executive, McAfee antivirus software.
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, CintOS 6, CintOS 7
Powershell, Linux Installation/patching, encryption tools (PGP, Truecrypt, Bitlocker, Endpoint)
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.