Software Engineer III
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Genesis10 is seeking a??????????? Software Engineer III for a leading telecommunications company. This is a 6-month contract to hire position in the Rochester, NY area.? This is a 40 hour week position that would work onsite.? Client is only considering local candidates at this time.? Candidates applying must be able to work on a W2 basis.? Our client is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.? There are multiple openings on this team. ?Job Summary:
This is a key position in the IT Applications organization, and is responsible for meeting customer needs through application development, deployment and life-cycle management, specializing in Client's quoting and catalog applications. This position will be a strong software engineer for IT development initiatives, supporting design, implementation, configuration and deployment of custom applications and modified off-the-shelf applications, as well as developing integrations between Client's systems.
This position will interact with other organizations in the IT group e.g., IT Operations and other IT Application teams in order to provide proactive solutions to the business and drive business value.Job Description:
- This position calls for excellent competencies in a variety of areas, including:
- Leadership and communication skills ? to build and strengthen relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Leadership skills and execution focus to drive results through performance.
- Strong technical knowledge of a wide range of development languages, frameworks, and methodologies, such as:
- Database modeling / design in both SQL relational databases such as Oracle, and non-relational such as MongoDB
- SOAP/REST web services,
- Unit and integration testing with tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mocha
- Distributed version control systems such as Mercurial or GIT
- Continuous integration tools such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Familiarity with a Linux shell environment and accessing Linux systems remotely via SSH to run applications.
- Ability to diagnose problems occurring within a system or resulting through integration between systems.
- Experience with development, deployment, and management of microservice/cloud-based architectures such as Spring Boot and Docker is a plus.
- Business domain expertise in telecom industry and/or BPM would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Agile development methodologies, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
Including (but not limited to)
- Development and implementation of quoting and catalog software initiatives.
- Support requirements discussions led by business analysts; develop designs and levels of effort for systems implementing those requirements. Documentation of the designs to sufficient detail for implementation by other team members.
- Production support of quoting and catalog software, including some off-hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Participate in design and technology decisions and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of databases and associated development.
- Identifying issues within software systems and recommending solutions to others.
- Implement and participate within code review process.
- Work and manage multiple development initiatives concurrently.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and users for support and to work in support of requirements and design development.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!About Genesis10:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area
- 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, and/or a college degree is required or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
- Special Requirements/Certifications:
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement ? project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V?
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c++, c#, developer, devops, perl, php, sdet, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...