Sr. Data Analyst - 20-02519
Compensation: $81,100.00 - $126,800.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Icon has an immediate need for a Sr. Data Analyst for a 24+ month contract in Beaverton, OR (97005). This position offers the possibility of extension and/or conversion to full-time employment, and pays up to $71/hour depending on experience.
The Senior Production Data Analyst (Senior DA) is a SQL and ETL expert, able to quickly and accurately develop complex database queries, scripts, tools, and methods to manage data according to client requirements. The Senior DA has a thorough understanding of and experience with relational databases, SQL programming, complex ETL, complex data structures, SDLC and related tools and practices, and is able to design and develop complete, effective solutions. May design and document solutions which other analysts code and implement. Serves as a knowledgeable resource and mentor to less experienced analysts. The Senior DA participates in developing and documenting technical standards, guidelines, templates, patterns - best practices - and reviews designs and code for compliance. You will work as part of a dedicated team, supporting both internal and external stake-holders in their quest for information and answers to their business questions. Your success comes from your focus on quality, accuracy and timeliness of your deliverables, as well as your ability to be a team player.
* Design, build, and maintain complex ETL procedures and solutions according to client requirements.
* Participate in definition and application of departmental best practices - technical standards, processes, templates, patterns, SDLC, etc.
* Create and maintain technical and system documentation.
* Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced analysts.
* Troubleshoot and solve database performance issues, programs returning incorrect or unexpected results, difficult design or programming problems.
* Conduct design reviews and code reviews to ensure departmental standards are maintained and enforced.
* Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
* Account for and accurately log time against project work.
* BS Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
* 5+ years hands-on experience as developer with MS SQL Server, 2012 or higher.
* 4+ years SSIS or other ETL tool experience developing and supporting complex ETL procedures.
* Expert understanding of relational database concepts, tools, performance, techniques, industry standards and best practices.
* Strong design and coding skills; demonstrated ability to develop and support complex, mission-critical database systems.
* Experience evaluating and improving database performance.
* Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
* Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluency in English.
* Prefer broad knowledge of or background in software development and data tools, such as: .Net, object oriented programming languages, SSRS, SSAS, BI, data warehousing, data visualization tools, etc.
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Client Focus - Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
Results-Driven - Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action & Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
1. Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
2. Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
3. Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
4. Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
5. Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
6. Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
7. Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
8. Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
9. Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
10. Listening. Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
11. Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
12. Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
* Position requires no significant manual labor.
* Position does require moderate standing, sitting, carrying and walking.
* Position requires infrequent lifting, repetitive bending and/or moving.
* Position requires close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
* Position requires talking and listening to communications with clients and employees.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...