Provides technical expertise in the analysis, design, and implementation of computing systems software; establishes and administers project plans; writes technical documentation, represents the IT department at meetings, and trains and guides other team members in the use of developed programs.
Goodwill Corporate Office- 2626 W. Beryl Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Monday through Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops solutions to solve complex problems considering software/hardware capacity and limitations, operating time and desired results.
- Analyzes problems and provides recommendations for application and system improvements for various client groups.
- Develops and maintains applications and software both on the Internet and Intranet.
- Applies the principles and techniques of computer programming to specific organizational needs and problems.
- Participates as a technical expert in design, development, testing, and debugging new system modules or enhancements to existing applications.
- Prepares UML diagrams, flow charts, and design documentation.
- Detects and repairs errors in data and program structure, logic, and coding.
- Writes clear and concise programming documentation.
- Compiles, organizes, analyzes, and presents statistical and technical data.
- Models Goodwill Core Values Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Degree in Computer/Information Science, technical college or equivalent work experience desired
- 2-4+ years progressive experience as a programmer/analyst
- Must be familiar w/Apache, Linux, Windows platforms with Apache on Linux and Windows platforms
- Knowledge and experience with version control systems such as Git and Mercurial, preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with Web Frameworks Experience with Internet and web technologies including Zend, Django, and Laravel, preferred
- Experience with relational database technology and extensive knowledge of SQL
- Specific experience with MS SQL Server and MySQL preferred
- Experience w/programming language Python (optional) and PHP 5.6+
- Familiar w/various coding web language including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, and Bootstrap
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Deployment and ownership over the entire software deployment process
- Familiar with cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services and Azure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in partnership with others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona We Put People to Work!
Again, to be considered for this position, you must apply online at jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, application developer, c, c/c++, c#, expert, perl, senior software developer, software architect