The tasks of the Data Governance Executive include the below:
- Advance, implement, and preserve the Data Governance policy, framework, and procedures for each step in the data management life cycle.
- Monitor compliance with the business s established Data Governance policy, framework, and measures.
- Approve the identification of data elements identified by business units and maintenance of a wide-ranging data dictionary.
- Safeguard effective challenge of data analysis performed by data stewards and managers. Reviewing regulatory, audit, and validation discoveries to risks impacting data governance.
- Supervise the development and execution of remediation steps to mitigate identified risks.
- Facilitate and complete wide-ranging independent review and validation as mandatory.
- Review of periodic monitoring results from Data Stewards to identify risks.
- Endorse changes to the Data Governance policy, framework, or procedures as mandatory.
- Mediate struggles and discrepancies between data stewards, bank executives, and the needs and interests of the business comparative to Data Governance.
- Champion and conduct Data Governance training to business units as desirable.
- Respond to data governance related questions from regulators or internal & external auditor professionals.
The Data Governance Executive is answerable for creation, supervision and management of the Data Governance program of the client bank.
Data Governance Executive
- Ability to build consensus with business partners and mediate when appropriate,
- Excellent analytical, research, critical thinking, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong written, documentation, verbal, and presentation skills
- Robust interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong risk and control mentality with the ability to develop and interpret risk related policies
- Understanding of data governance principles including data classification, quality, and control practices
Credentials and Education Necessities
- Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Information Security or interrelated field required
- Strong analytical background with four years collective experience in one or more of the following verticals:
- Data Classification and Control
- Management/Financial reporting
- Stress testing or Risk Management.
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
- Data Modeling
- Broad acquaintance of banking policies, processes and functions:
- Understanding of risk management methodologies and data governance principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio)
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task