Under general supervision, this position will support LMU application systems with analysis of process logic, workflow, and data interaction and with programming needs for new systems, for the enhancement of existing systems, for data manipulation, and for diagnosis and correction of system problems. Additionally will support LMU users with the through understanding of the enterprise systems, their current state and future roadmaps.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Consult with users and functional analysts to develop specifications for data systems. This includes identifying and analyzing objectives for features, functionality, input and output requirements and architecture. Uses programming languages to code computer instructions from the specifications. Uses all special programming techniques necessary to achieve the most effective program. Tests and debugs computer programs. Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections. Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyze the program code for existing enterprise and specialized applications to provide technical support for the process logic, workflow, and data interaction of the delivered systems. Writes code to extend delivered systems and to extract, transform and load data from these systems. Occasionally writes custom modifications of existing programs to conform to unique University requirements. Analyses system code to troubleshoot functional as well as technical problems.
- Write reports against enterprise systems using the most appropriate of a variety of reporting tools. Writes data query and process forms.
- Analyze the requirements for data integration across University administrative systems. Analyses the University business processes with regard to data integration, and develops specifications for data integration and interfaces. Writes computer code to integrate data between systems, and to manage data workflow.
- Perform system administrator functions where necessary for enterprise sub-systems under the control of Information Technology.
- Monitor the effectiveness of systems to the changing needs of the University. Keeps aware of current trends in administrative systems, and evaluate the applicability of new systems to the needs of the University. Manages the needs analysis for the development and installation of new systems.
- Perform project management duties on technical projects as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager of the programming group.
- Minimum three years of programming and support in large enterprise multi-user environment, preferably in higher education. Experience with enterprise applications in higher education desired: Ellucian Banner Student System, Oracle E-Business Suite, Longview Financial Budgeting/Forecasting system. Experience with Argos, Tableau (other analytics/reporting systems) preferred; Experience with Agile practice / SCRUM preferred; Experience with GIT (source control) system preferred; Experience with Service-Now preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of programming languages needed in specific assignment area: JavasScript, Java, PL/SQL, SQL, APEX, Talend. Understanding of integration tools (such as Talend) preferred; Understanding of relational database concepts. Thorough understanding of structured and object oriented programming principles, system analysis techniques, and system design. Understanding of database file/table structure, screens/forms, report generation, data extract and load for databases such as Oracle and SQL Server. Understanding of operating systems commands, file and directory structure, system configuration, UNIX, Linux, MS Windows, OS X. Understanding of common office applications for word processing, spreadsheets, etc
- Knowledge of financial/accounting basics preferred;
- Ability to write concise and cogent business communications, reports, and system/user documentation. Ability to train others. Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing comprehensive reports, user documentation and executive summaries incorporating complex, highly technical information.
Typically a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task