Experience and eCommerce Sr Lead (Belmont)
Compensation: $65,210.00 - $100,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize theres more to being in business than just making a profit. Thats the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because its never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. Its about how you can grab everything thats within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. Its about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means well all be a little better off. Its that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the worlds best-loved brands: M&Ms, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BENS, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role will be a part of the M&MS Retail Experience team with a special focus on IT aspects of personalized experiences and e-commerce. This role will be in charge of leading the team and vendors who support existing e-commerce solutions at M&MS Retail and digital/physical personalization experiences in our stores. This role will lead the strategy and roadmap of IT and ecommerce capability enhancements and improvements for the business.
- This role will be a key contributor to manage and deploy the ongoing service model for the existing e-commerce solutions and also lead strategic initiatives.
- The role will be in regular contact, at a global level, with a wide range of business stakeholders in the marketing, merchandising, store and e-commerce areas, business unit managers, external agencies and suppliers during the different projects and the continuous improvements phases.
- He/She is play a major role in defining the expansion IT capability for experiences around the world.
- He/She will act as a functional expert and service operation manager who will design and implement the IT support model and maintain systems support.
- He/She will be involved in business process definition in an evolving and pioneering business environment, acting as a major change enabler and digital glue between the M&MS Retail and the larger Mars IS e-commerce strategy and solutions.
- He/She will also be able to lead innovation by identifying and piloting advanced features and technologies that will support our e-commerce service as part of critical change management process.
- He/She will be closely working in collaboration with third party providers to manage the relationships and bring improvements.
- He/She will be dealing with a broad range of Mars Global Services functional and technical teams across all divisions.
Context and Scope:
As an IT Senior Lead in Experience & e-commerce, you will be responsible for the support of defined projects as well as continuous improvements as part of a team consisting of MGS, the business units, suppliers and subcontracted resources and will be the escalation point for any big support related issues.
In this role, it would be your responsibility to:
- Own and lead the strategy and operations for all online properties globally of M&MS Retail (e.g. platform websites, third-party integrations, apps, blogs, etc.).
- Own and lead the strategy and operations for all IT personalization experiences globally of M&MS Retail (e.g. InnerM- Mood Analyser, M&MS Faces Personalization Kiosks, CRM Dynamics365 Platforms etc.).
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the e-commerce business area with business strategy clarity, solution architecture and application for existing capabilities.
- Developing a plan of continuous improvement for the online properties to drive site performance and deliver conversion rate optimization while maintaining brand integrity per the M&MS Retail brand guidelines.
- Challenge business thinking on ways of working to drive increased benefits across scaled operation service.
- Your team will gather business requirements and translate these into functional and technical specifications.
- Develop a thorough functional and technical understanding of our key experiences and e-commerce technologies.
- Lead, design, develop and execute service operation transition process for project hand over stages.
- Ensure MGS quality standards are applied to all deliverables.
- Actively share knowledge and best practice to peers and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with third party vendors.
- Strategic development of platform capabilities, including selection of new platform as required.
- Co-creator of M&MS Retail and Ethel M digital experience strategies.
- Build effective team of technical specialists in e-commerce technical operations and personalized experiences.
- Engineer school / Business Management school or equivalent + experience
- Strong Business Acumen and awareness of new technologies
- Experienced in project and change management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work remotely or manage remote teams
- Fast learner, and comfortable coping with change
- Full command of English
- Customer focus and collaboration
- Experience in IT business applications development is preferred, although applicants with a relevant business background who are keen to move into IT would also be considered
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Merchandising, Business Manager, Application Developer, CRM, Change Management, Retail, Management, Technology
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, back end, c/c++, develop, matlab, programming, project architect, senior software engineer, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...