Mildred Elley is seeking a Computer and Network Support Technician at our New York City Campus. This position is responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, telecommunications hardware/software and office systems. This position is also responsible for supporting campus computing and network operations and procedures.
Essential job functions are:
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems for both administrative and academic areas.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Manages small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon schedules.
- Associates Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- A+ and Microsoft Certifications a plus.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized and have the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal and customer service skills.
- This position requires reliability, dependability and a desire to fulfill obligations.
- Must supervise student employees and interns as needed.
Varies, based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of a growing campus committed to achieving student success through continuous improvement please email a cover letter and current resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]. Only applications submitted via email will be accepted (no phone calls or walk-ins please). Please forward your resume and cover letter as an Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word file and note Computer and Network Support Technician - Metro in the subject line, followed by the candidate's first and last name.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system specialist, technician