Compensation: $93,310.00 - $145,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Systems Administrator to be responsible for a wide range of standard industry technologies as well as unique products in the performing arts. Responsibility is to not only break/fix but provide proactive monitoring and response to technical needs. Build and support advanced solutions for a broad arts environment that eases the arts process as well as builds efficiency.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct and complete system backups, maintenance, server upgrades and patching.
- Administer of Exchange cloud and/or on prem-environment.
- Deploy and manage patches throughout organization.
- Experience with SQL Server configuration and management including clustering and log shipping.
- Experience migrating and managing computing workloads on public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS).
- Experience with managing and configuring load balancers for public facing web applications.
- Responsibility for maintaining organizational DNS.
- Responsibility for managing, renewing, and deploying SSL certificates across the organization.
Security and Performance Analysis
- Complete all activities in accordance with industry compliance and organizational polices.
- Perform daily review/analysis of security and event logs.
- Create and manage Virtual Private Network (VPN) accounts.
- Utilize Qos/Diffserve management for network efficiency.
- Monitor offices' network and firewall bandwidth/capacity.
Development and Integration Adaptation
- Lead, champion, and support projects related to implementing such best practices.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise in order to research, analyze, evaluate and recommend new technology developments.
- Keep current on technology and business application trends and best practices through participation in conferences, national and regional associations, e-learning. Sharing trends with IT team as necessary and applicable.
Customer Service & Leadership
- Provide exceptional customer service to staff and visitors. Take every possible step to ensure that staff have a positive experience.
- Engage with Lincoln Center Technology team for support of shared services such as corporate phones and VoIP.
- Present a polite and professional demeanor when interacting with Staff and visitors.
- Handle requests promptly and politely.
- Be on call for emergency system support.
- Lead Collaborative efforts with Helpdesk, Director of Digital Platforms, Tessitura Administrator, and Director of IT to develop and deploy organization wide IT functionality and solutions.
- Trouble shoot issues, elevating and collaborating as needed with other IT staff members to problem solve.
- Act with integrity and adaptability when problem solving to develop best solution at the highest industry standard.
- Analyze complex IT&S business needs presented and recommend technical solutions.
Operations and Administration
- Responsibility for overall vendor management, including vendor support of desktop and multifunction printers.
- Document, coordinate, and archive network activity.
- Identify, review, and recommend hardware and software purchases.
- Help develop an online hardware/software inventory.
- Help manage corporate software and hardware, including maintaining licensing information.
- In collaboration with the Director of IT, manage selection and evaluation of application and technology vendors.
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in supporting IT infrastructure and system administration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience demonstrating technical proficiency in multiple areas, including: security, networking, administration, and hardware.
- Bachelor s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Must be highly proficient in the Windows Server, MAC OS.
- Capable of supporting SQL, IIS, AD, Exchange .
- Ability to work within high availability environments and maintain an acceptable operation uptime to accommodate unconventional business requirements.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft operating systems (2012-r2, 2016), 8, 10 and prepared to learn new systems as they are deployed.
- Must be highly proficient with firewall administration and configuration, intrusion detection systems, proxy servers, anti-virus operations, security configuration management, vulnerability assessments, incident response and auditing.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to fully reimage computers without supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to devise fiscally responsible solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high motivation.
- Experience with FC storage systems (EMC, Dell, Nimble, Hitachi, or comparable).
- Experience with managing load configurations on VMWare systems, providing storage support and performing backup routines.
- With handling AD GPOs, desktop support, and troubleshooting.
- With network management, server scripting and/or programming.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: http, maintenance, network, router, sccm, scom, server, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp ip
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...