Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
PKF O Connor Davies, LLP is looking for an Audit Manager with Not-for-Profit or Financial Services audit experience to join our Private Foundation practice in New York City. The manager will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate, train and promote a great working environment. This position will provide opportunities to be involved with thought leadership and other group and firm initiatives. PKFOD continues to grow its Private Foundation practice, which provides auditing, tax, advisory and bookkeeping services to a variety of clients.
- Oversee multiple client engagements within established budgets.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
- Understand and manage Firm risk on audits and other attest engagements.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Direct and oversee staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements.
- Manage, develop, train, mentor and review staff on projects and assess performance for year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting professionals for the Firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Interact with potential clients and work with Partners to create proposals to generate new business.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license required.
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment.
- Current or previous experience auditing Nonprofit and related organizations.
- Experience leading teams and mentoring staff.
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to client locations
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...