Senior Software Engineer - PrintMail Solutions (Lancaster)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
A Senior Software Engineer is a skilled and experienced software developer responsible for the detailed design, implementation, and testing of subsystems and system components. A Senior SE is able to build a wide variety of software subsystems and components efficiently and effectively, given only a requirements specification and constraints. A Senior SE is able to develop and sustain these subsystems and software components in complex, multi-vendor, multi-platform environments. Tasks may include design, maintenance, and working closely with both internal and external customers.
Take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
- Interact with software systems engineer or other technical leader to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Interact with representatives of other industrial and government groups to understand and/or recommend data interchange formats, APIs, messaging strategies, application server software, as well as hardware and virtual machine requirements.
- Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger s
- Implement and debug subsystems and components.
- Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
- Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components, and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
- Support management of the teams technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the systems engineer or other project leader.
- Participate in efforts to share SD technology and expertise within the company; mentor junior and aspiring developers.
- Write code to create single thread, multi-threaded, or user interface event driven applications
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications
- Design, deploy and support best in class software development processes and tools
- Test and document software for client applications
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Five + years of experience independently designing and implementing small or medium-sized software systems and components.
- Knowledge and familiarity with language/coding such as C#, .NET ,HTM, MVC and CSS
- Leadership skills
- Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft operating system and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
- Experience working with Agile project methodology.
- Working knowledge of Workflow and issues statuses in JIRA with a scrum mode.
- Competitive market-based salary
- Generous medical/vision/dental benefits package that includes health savings account and 24/7 telehealth access
- Quarterly bonus opportunities
- 401k with employer match
- Fitness club membership reimbursement
- Access to nutritional counselor
- Flexible, casual work environment
Associated topics: application architect, architect, c/c++, develop, lead, maven, senior, senior software developer, senior software engineer, software engineer lead
Loading some great jobs for you...