Senior Engineering Project Manager
Compensation: $94,700.00 - $142,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
SIGMA7 design group is a full service architectural and engineering design firm that specializes in mission critical design for new facilities and renovations.
SIGMA7 is seeking a?Senior Engineering Project Manager; Architect (Registered) or P.E.?with 10-15 years of experience in managing design and implementation of technology focuses in architectural/engineering building projects.?Experience with all work phases including scope of work and budget development, condition assessment and reporting, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration. Project types including Data Centers, Critical Infrastructure Buildings, Technology and Communication Facilities, E911 and other Emergency Management Facilities. Projects and clients are located throughout the country.
This position is open in our Midtown Manhattan office.
- 10-15 Years minimum in A/E field (of the 15 years, 5 to 10 Years in Project Manager Role) Bachelor?s/ Master?s Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited University required
- PE preferred (mechanical or electrical)
- Recent experience with technically complex project types
- Proven success in managing client needs and firm staff
- Experience in independently managing multiple simultaneous design and restoration A/E projects
- Strong leadership skills and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Successful financial management (firms man-hours and budget as well as client budget)
- Strong understanding of all A/E disciplines, and coordination/management thereof
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field Experience (understanding of construction principles, methods and best practices)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD
- Available Client references
Position role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the engineering and architectural process from concept to completion.
- Proposal Development ? Working with the Principal, meet with prospective client and in-house a/e disciplines to develop written scope of services, develop man-hour estimates, obtain proposals from outside consultants as needed to prepare a fully integrated proposal.
- Facilitate and lead Client and in-house meetings ? including preparation agenda and meeting notes for all meetings and the distribution of meeting notes and correspondence. Meeting notes shall be issued to all parties within 2 business days.
- Financial Controls ? PM shall monitor actual man-hours and consultant cost and compare to the approved budget on a weekly basis. This information also be compared to actual percentage compete of the work to assure the project is on track.
- A/E Coordination ? PM shall review progress documents to assure that client goals and scope are being met. PM shall schedule and lead weekly project team design coordination meeting. Meeting notes and action items shall be issued after each meeting.
- Construction Administration ? Observe construction and manage information during the construction phase between the contractor and internal A/E and consultant team members.
- Client Management ? The primary focus is to meet and exceed client expectations. Establish project goals and ensure the entire team meets these goals. The PM shall also endeavor to think ahead and put themselves in the client?s shoes ? advise the client of areas of concern with solutions and alternative options.
- Business Development - Aid principals and BD team in presentations with new clients or for new projects. Maintain and develop client relationships, including expanding business with existing clients.
- Perform condition assessments and develop reports and cost estimates
- Manage the team of Architects and Engineers to develop complete construction documents including drawings, sketches, and specifications
- Coordinate with other disciplines including structural, civil, acoustical, etc.
- Travel - collect and prepare data for evaluation, review construction work quality and progress, conduct pre-bid meetings, participate in pre-construction meetings, and participate in construction progress meetings.
- Coordinate contractor submittals and design team responses to contractor Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Communicate via electronic mail, phone, and hand drawn sketches to clarify design intent with Contractor
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including base salary and annual performance bonus. SIGMA7 is a rapidly growing firm and this position offers great potential for career advancement.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...