Java Software Developer
Type:Contract to Hire
Location: Tampa, FL
At this time we are unable to sponsor for this position.Only candidates that do not require sponsorship are eligible.
The Software Developer is responsible for implementing software solutions that support short and long-term business strategies.
- Contribute to the implementation of approved system architecture; provide feedback during associated discussions / reviews
- Unit test all software changes; automate wherever possible
- Participate in the transformation of user stories into efficient and effective designs, built upon approved system architectures, addressing needs such as scalability, recoverability, security, and maintainability.
- Assist as directed with the development of comprehensive technical design documentation (system architecture, high-level & detailed views, database models/design, class diagrams, physical & deployment diagrams, etc.)
- Actively participate in Agile processes & team discussions including daily stand-up meetings, story grooming & sizing, sprint planning & task breakout, and end-of-sprint demos and retrospectives
- Support QA test efforts (system, regression, load)
Bachelor s Degree within a technical discipline, or the equivalent years of related work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Java and JEE standards including Servlets, JSP, JSTL, EJB, JMS, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- Spring Framework, including Spring Data/Repositories
- RESTful services and Resource Oriented Architectures
- JSON, XML (including DTD and XSD), JAXB, DOM and SAX
- Design patterns / Software modeling
- Object-oriented design and programming
- JBoss or other JEE application server
- Internet standards such as HTTP, XML, SOAP, SMTP, Web Services
- Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Application deployment for internet, intranet, and extranet
Associated topics: algorithm, c c++, develop, devops, java, matlab, perl, python, software development engineer, software engineer