Web Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
As a critical member of the Information Technology team, the Web Development Manager/Platform Manager serves as a strategic partner between IT and targeted business functions for large scale, strategic business and IT initiatives. Possessing a high degree of business and technical acumen, assesses current business capabilities and recommends the appropriate platform solution. The role can be based at our Bohemia, NY, or Florham Park, NJ, offices or remote.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owns technical architecture of all solutions running on technical platform
- Attends Cross Platform/Cross BRM and CAB meetings to represent team's changes and interests
- Release management considering project dependency, cost efficiency and platform synergies
- Drive selection process for technical solutions through comprehensive technical assessment
- Manage technical delivery, including 3rd party SI selection via RFP
- Owns SOW approval.
- Contribute to govern IT resource approval, prioritization and resource planning efforts for enhancements
- Manage execution from design, development, testing, deploy and Hyper care/ KT to IT Operations
- Fully utilize current platform functionalities before bringing new solutions in.
- Drive cost reduction by proactively eliminating duplicative technical solutions (or cost avoidance by ensuring non-duplicative future architecture)
- Partners with Business Relationship Managers to ensure an optimal solution is being provided that meets the needs of the business
- Accountable for change adoption by selecting and implementing the right technical solution and design
- Provides guidance and technical leadership to Platform resources
- Manages the technical resources during execution including System Integration
- Ability to engineer a platform that provides internal capability to the IT organization
- Lead a team, mentor and develop capabilities in others; identify short and long-term training and development needs for all team members; participate in the recruitment process and develops Associates for career progression
- 6+ years of demonstrated technical and functional experience in large eCommerce applications and systems; prior eCommerce design, development, Implementation and production support experience
- 3+ years as a technical lead in a web environment
- .Net, Microsoft SQL, and web services configuration and platform architecture
- Knowledgeable on Agile SDLC processes
- Must possess a good technical understanding of the platform
- Database and integration architecture
- Demonstrated experience establishing, managing, and communicating with all levels of the organization, including executive business partners
- Experience working with vendor/system integrator on technical system design, solution architecture; Vendor Management with offshore team members
- Experience review highlight technical design and validate solution fit to business needs
- Familiar with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration framework
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team of architects, consultants and system analysts.
- Strong communication and teamwork to drive collaboration across IT resources (EA, BRM, IT, Ops, SI, etc.).
- Proven track record of managing processes and streamlining workflow and creating teamwork environment
- Advanced configuration skills for supported business applications
- Good understanding in .Net, MS SQL, Web Services/Micro service architecture
- Strong process and documentation abilities.
- Good understanding of RICEFW requirements (Reports, Interface, Conversions, Extensions, Forms, Workflows)
- Analyzing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex information systems management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...