Senior Software Test Engineer (Chicopee)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you are responsible for unit and integration testing of System Software. This important technical position will have a direct influence on software and system product quality, safety, design, and reliability for production builds of software released to the market. This individual will work closely with software development engineers to define test strategies, write and execute test cases, and build automated test routines. They will actively participate in the software development lifecycle through review of requirements, risk management and maintaining traceability in an agile software development environment. The Software Test Engineer is part of the agile sprint team for their assigned software code base(s) and interfaces with software developers, engineers and other team members regarding Software Test and quality to ensure compliance to external standards Responsibilities
- Design and implement automated unit and integration tests for testing System Software using Python, C++ and Google Test etc.
- Improve our automated test infrastructure
- Help to structure new software and refactor existing software for testability
- Review software requirements and software design specifications
- Perform code reviews
- Must have a deep knowledge of embedded software testing (Black-box, White box), performance, stress and load testing, as required by the project
- Defect Tracking and Control using Jira or similar defect tracking tool
- BS. or higher in Computer Science (or similar field) or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. 5+ years hands on experience in software quality assurance associated with real time embedded software systems in regulated industry
- Experience developing software unit tests for complex software modules from requirements and design documents
- Ability to do peer-reviews of software requirements and design documents
- Ability to perform reviews of manual and automated test scripts
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative agile team environment Strong written, presentation and general communication skills
- Proven record developing and executing software test protocols for complex medical devices
- Ability to multitask effectively across multiple projects when required
- Familiarity with IEC 62304, ISO 14971, FDA regulations and international standards a plus
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: automation, process, prevention, quality, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...